A 5-year-old boy suffering from Guillain-Barre Syndrome gets new life

( Read 4782 Times)

07 Jun 23
Share |
Print This Page
A 5-year-old boy suffering from Guillain-Barre Syndrome gets new life


• A child admitted after complaining of squint and body weakness was cured.

• Due to Gulian Berry Syndrome disease, the body becomes weak and, at times, can be almost paralyzed.

Udaipur- A 5-year-old child who was admitted to Paras Health, Udaipur, with difficulty in walking and squint after diarrhoea and fever got a new life through the understanding and successful treatment of the doctors. Guillain-Barre syndrome is a disease in which the body's immune system begins to damage healthy nerves, causing weakness and tingling in the hands and feet. Over time, the disorders of Guillain-Barré syndrome spread throughout the body. This disease can also cause respiratory and respiratory problems. After this, the whole body becomes paralyzed. A 5-year-old child with the Miller Fisher variant of Gullian barrier syndrome presented with weakness and strabismus.

Dr Manish Kulshrestha, Consultant Neurology, Paras Health, Udaipur, said, "A 5-year-old child was admitted to our hospital with diarrhoea and fever. However, due to this problem, he was treated by the nearest doctor and cured. Still, then after 2 to 3 days, he gradually started feeling weakness in his legs, and he also started seeing double he would see anything. He used to see two or two instead of one; he also had a headache initially when the doctors were treating him as brain fever." He said, "When that child was admitted to our hospital, his MRI And routine blood test was done, which was normal. After this, I noticed that the child's voice had become soft, and he was also having difficulty swallowing food. Apart from this, he also had a squint in his eyes, so he was seeing double. Then we examined the child closely and found that he might have GBS (Gulian Berry Syndrome). For this, a medicine called IVIG is given; on the first day when we gave the medicine, the child's health deteriorated slightly, but the next day it started improving, and the effect of the medicine started showing. Then we continued the same course for 5 days, and when the child improved. We kept him hospitalised for 10 to 12 days, and his treatment continued. Gradually the child improved; after about one and a half to two months, the child became completely healthy. Now the child is completely healthy and leading a normal life."

After the baby got a new lease on life, the family members thanked the doctors and said, "The doctors and staff of Paras Health, Udaipur, have been very cooperative, and our baby has been able to get a new lease of life. Carefully gave a new lease of life to our child."

Source :
This Article/News is also avaliable in following categories : English News , Paras Health
Your Comments ! Share Your Openion

You May Like